Hits Last 30 Days

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Le Tour de Yorkshire

On a last minute whim I decided to attend the second stage of Le Tour de Yorkshire. This went from Selby to York in an anti-clockwise circuit with an 18km mini circuit lapped 3 times just on the eastern side of York (and, even better, right on NCN66). After detraining at York station I followed a path leading from the car park adjacent to Platform 4 right onto the river bank. This is usually a very quick, safe way of reaching NCN65 - the route to Selby and Hull and also a link to NCN66 over the Millenium bridge.  On Saturday, however, there was obviously a rowing regatta and the route was seriously obstructed by boats, boat trailers, oarspersons, and spectators. Eventually I got past and then had to cross the route of the race - not a problem on foot or with a bike. 10km or so of riding got me to my chosen vantage point in the village of Murton and I was pleased to see the local populace occupying the sides of the road. There were seats, picnic tables and flags as well as several chalked "GO WIGGO" on the road.



No comments: