Hits Last 30 Days

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Tour of Britain 2012


By the time the Tour reached Little Eaton a small group had broken away and had a lead of several minutes. The two photos show respectively the lead group and the main bunch as they approach Little Eaton from Coxbench.
It was great to see so many people had turned out to watch - school children in their organised "crocodiles", cyclists in their gear and people of all ages who came out of their houses to stand on the road edge, particularly around the corners. A number of the spectators had driven to the old Little Chef car park at the bottom of Abbey Hill and walked into LE.

1 comment:

swaddywaddy said...

I travelled to Ashbourne to catch the action and after 2 punctures was running late so well puffed on arrival Similar scenes in Ashourne but I had a chance to know what it felt like to be a tour rider if only fleetingly. Resplendent in my 'TeamSky' jersey I followed the broom wagon up the High Street roared on by the crowd with occasional comments like ' Allez mon vieux canard' ringing in the ears. A young mum insisted I had my photo taken with her bemused tots in the Market Square. At that point feeling like an imposter I felt it was time to leave!