Hits Last 30 Days

Friday 2 September 2011

Litter pick and general check on Breadsall Greenway (NCN672) 2nd Sept 2011

A much needed visit to the Breadsall Greenway (NCN672) this morning, because I have not been up there for a few weeks! Light use being made by a variety of users. No horses though. Fairly clear with regard to litter with the usual exception of the first hundred yards or so from The Paddock end! Lots of uncleared dog poo which I declined to remove. A long chat with a Breadsall village resident, and with a cyclist who told me that he lived on Bishops drive. He took the photo of myself for me, on my camera.  The himalayan balsam team have done a good job. A few small shoots left which I pulled up, so this should be advantageous for next year. No action yet on the fallen tree which Les and I trimmed back earlier in the year, but I feel that it does not represent any danger as it is.

 Some low grade graffiti at the Racecourse Sidings again. Could be dealt with with some mat gry spray paint I think. Not in bright colours like the previous lot, so not too distracting to the eye.
 Man at work near the level crossing gates!
Here again. Some judicious use of  off blue paint and white paint for the lettering would suffice here. An expensive job to replace even one of the boards.

No comments: